Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Gluten Free Zucchini Pancakes - A Perfect Dinner on Tuesday Night

Growing up in Lithuania, I ate zucchini pancakes all the time. They were cheap to make and my mom made them so delicious.I got home today and wanted a quick dinner, but I wanted something more than pasta with tomato sauce. No offense of course :D Zucchini Pancakes sounded perfect!

Years ago, I watched Emeril cook zucchini pancakes with goat cheese. The idea of taking my childhood pancakes to the next level sounded A-mazing, so from then on, I always made them with goat cheese. However, in the last 3 years (since I found out I need to be on a GF diet) , it has been challenging to make them with the right flour. They would fall apart and be acceptable at best...will that's in the past.

Today, I've got a perfect recipe for you! I made the recipe just for me, because my hubby was still working, but you can definitely double it if there is need.

Ingredients:
1 zuchini, shredded
2-3 garlic cloves
1 egg
1/2 tsp salt
dash of fresh pepper
1 tbs of fresh dill
zest from 1 lemon
2 tbsp of garbanzo bean flour (do not use coconut flour... trust me on this one)
Grapeseed oil for frying
soft goat cheese

Mix all the ingredients, except for the oil and goat cheese, and make sure there are no clumps of flour. Heat your skillet to medium hot temperature and add some grapeseed oil. I tried frying the pancakes with goat milk butter, but oil works much better. Grab the mixture with the tablespoon and place it on the pan. Press a little to make the concoction flatter. Make several of those concoctions on the pan and get ready to use your goat cheese. Place about a teaspoon of goat cheese in the middle of your future pancake and cover the cheese with a little bit of the leftover mixture. 
Here is how it will look like right after you place the cheese:

Gluten Free Zucchini Pancakes on Frying Pan
Gluten Free Zucchini Pancakes on Frying Pan
Do not move your pancakes for about 2 minutes. If you try to flip them before they ready, they might fall apart. After 2 minutes, flip the pancakes with flat wide spatula and press the spatula gently on the pancakes to flatten them again and make sure they will cook through. They should look like these:

Gluten Free Zucchini Pancakes Flipped
Gluten Free Zucchini Pancakes Flipped
In another 1.5 - 2 minutes, your pancakes will be ready!! I didn't have any veggies left at home, but I suggest you eat these pancakes with some simple salad on the side. These zucchini pancakes take minutes to make and they are to die for! Enjoy!!
Gluten Free Zucchini Pancakes Finished
Gluten Free Zucchini Pancakes Finished

Gluten Free Zucchini Pancakes Close-up
Gluten Free Zucchini Pancakes Up-Close




1 comment:

  1. M-m-m!!!yummy!!!I did twice and every time it was perfect!Fast,easy and so-o-o tasty!Thanks for super recipe!especially from Ilnur=)))

    ReplyDelete

Share It

 
SASHA'S DELIGHTS © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat