Monday, October 31, 2011

Quick and Easy Dinner - Fabulous GF Gnocchi


Dear All,
It's been a while, but what's new? I decided to write and this time for good. My friend and husband told me I can do it, so I will really try this time. Tonight was another difficult day at work and all I wanted to do is have a fabulous dinner without spending a lot of time cooking. Another thing that I wanted to do is have a glass of red wine :)
Now, I found something very interesting last night at Whole Foods - Gluten Free Sweet Potato Gnocchi. Guess what, when I opened the freezer tonight, I knew exactly what my dinner would look like.
To keep something in mind, this is not the cheapest gnocchi out there, BUT, $5 isn't that bad...if it can deliver a fantastic dinner in just several minutes!
The best thing about the gnocchi - they cook 1-2 minutes in boiling water.
While the water was boiling, I shredded Halloumi - my favorite cheese and the staple in my household. It is a traditional Cyprus cheese that has a very distinguish taste. It can be enjoyed in a variety of ways - grilled, fried, and even shredded. It kind of reminds me of mozzarella, but since I can only eat goat or sheep's milk products, this is a cheese for me!

The one that I buy is sold in several health food stores in New York City. It is usually sold in vacuum-packed bag, which keeps it moist. My favorite brand - The Shepherds of Cyprus. Simply amazing!
















Now, coming back to the recipe, I shredded about an inch of the halloumi cheese. I have also minced one clove of garlic. This is the time of the year when we have to stay away from all the sneezes and bugs out there, so garlic is perfect for this occasion.
After the minute or two of boiling the gnocchi, place them on a plate or a bowl, add your minced garlic, and shredded halloumi. You can add some sauce or just drizzle of olive oil on top of everything, but I like to keep it simple. It was moist enough and didn't need anything else for me.
Please ignore my immature pictures of the dinner. In the future, I will try my best to make it pretty and delicious.
Try it! I hope you will like it.
Enjoy!!
Cheers,
Sasha













No comments:

Post a Comment

Share It

 
SASHA'S DELIGHTS © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat