Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Breakfast - Vegan Ceviche

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I wanted to write a quick note and tell you about a fab breakfast that my husband and I had on a Thanksgiving morning. I wanted to make something a little more special, and since I had plenty of mushrooms laying around, I wanted to...no, I HAD to incorporate mushrooms into the dish. With that thought in mind, I wanted to make us a "ceviche," but since I had no fish, but an abundance of mushrooms, vegan ceviche would have to do! I cut ~1.5 cup of different kinds of mushrooms and added lime juice from 2 limes. I covered the dish with plastic and let it sit overnight. Two hours would be enough to "cook" the mushrooms, but since I didn't want to waste time in the morning, I prepared the mushrooms the night before and let them marinate in the fridge.
In the morning, I prepared the rest of the ceviche. Here are the ingredients:
2 small cucumbers, chopped
2 medium size tomatoes, chopped
1 small red onion, diced
1 jalapeno, diced
3 garlic cloves, diced
1 tsp fresh thyme

Mix the ingredients above with the marinated mushrooms, drizzle a little of olive oil, and your ceviche is ready. In the meantime, I had plantains that were ready to be cooked. I cleaned the plantain, sliced it diagonally and fried it in the pan with the grapeseed oil. I added a tiny slice of lemon on the plate. Juice it over the plantains, not the ceviche! :)
The sweetness of the ripe plantain and the ceviche makes it a good balance on the plate!
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share It

 
SASHA'S DELIGHTS © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat