Sunday, November 11, 2012

Gluten Free Butternut Squash Apple Soup




Hi Guys,
It’s been so long! With school and work, I didn’t realize how overwhelmed I will get. So sorry :)
Well, after Sandy hurricane hit us and we had to stay in the house for a while, I came up with this great recipe of Butternut squash apple soup. I liked it so much; I made it 3 times already. I wanted to have some curry touch in it and found the spice that I haven’t even used – Indonesian Satay spice. Ingredients – garlic, coriander, onion, ginger, lemongrass, and other spices. After reading the ingredients, I thought it was perfect!
The soup is very easy to make, so I hope you enjoy it!

Ingredients:
1 onion, chopped
2 apples, peeled, chopped (I usually have Golden Delicious apples, so that’s what I used)
½ pack of chopped butternut squash (most of the stores, such as Trader Joe’s, Fairway, Whole Foods, usually sell chopped, peeled butternut squash in the same size container)
1 tbsp of Indonesian Satay spice (http://www.tasteofmalacca.com/home.html - can be found in Whole Foods stores)
1 – 1.5 cup of water
½  tsp lemon pepper
1 tsp salt
Apple cider (optional)
2 tbsp of Olive Oil
1 tbsp of goat milk butter (optional)

Recipe:
Warm the butter and olive oil in the medium size pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook it for 5 minutes. Add 1 tbsp of Indonesian satay spice to onion and let everything cook for 10 more minutes, until the onion is tender. Stir occasionally, scraping the bottom of the pan.
While that is cooking, peel and chop the apples. After the onion has been cooking for total of 15 minutes, add the butternut squash, apples, water, and the rest of the spices and bring the pot to a boil. Then cover the pot, lower the heat to low and cook for 30 minutes. Process the soup with smart stick blender (or any blender that you have in the house). If the soup is too thick, feel free to add a little more water or even apple cider. That’s it – very easy to make and really delicious. It is perfect for the cold weather.
Hope you enjoy!

 
Cheers,
Sasha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share It

 
SASHA'S DELIGHTS © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat