Wednesday, June 11, 2014

GRILLED SWORDFISH KEBABS


Hi Friends,

As some of you know, both my hubby and I are trying to eat healthier this summer. More salads, more fish, more fruits etc.

Yesterday Will bought one steak of swordfish for me, so I decided to give it a go. I never cooked it before, so made swordfish skewers, which turned out to be very good. Give this one a try!

Ingredients:
1 swordfish steak, cut into ~ 1 inch cubes
Lemon
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
½ tsp paprika
¼ tsp lemon pepper
Salt

After cutting the fish into cubes, I placed them into the dish, drizzled EVOO on top (to coat the fish, but not too much oil that it would be swimming in it), added paprika, juice from half a lemon, and lemon pepper. Mix the fish carefully with the rest of the ingredients so the spices would coat the fish evenly. Cover the dish with plastic and place in the fridge. If you can afford to leave it there for an hour or two, that’s great. I only waited for 30 mins, since everyone was starving :)

Place 8 -10 bamboo sticks into the bowl with water for 30 mins while the fish is marinating. During those 30 mins, clean your kitchen and do anyting else that you want to serve. In my case, I love grilled veggies, so I prepare those (usually peppers, zucchinis, onion etc).

After 30 mins, create your kebabs. Remember to use 2 bamboo sticks per one kebab, so fish won’t be spinning. Start with fish and end with fish. Put any veggies that you want in between. Brush the leftover oil/spice mixture on your kebab and place that side of it on the grill, which has been turned to medium heat.

Turn your fish kebabs several times to make sure the fish is cooked thoroughly. It took about 10 mins and the dish was delish! :) It was very juicy and the EVOO/spice mixture was more enjoyable than I anticipated.

Hope you enjoy!

Sash

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share It

 
SASHA'S DELIGHTS © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat