Saturday, April 11, 2015

Roasted Carrots with Za'atar - Simply Delicious



There are days when I just want roasted veggies, so my side dish becomes my main meal. Smaller size carrots would be better for this recipe, but in my case, I didn't have those, so larger ones did the job just fine.

Ingredients:
Carrots (I used 6-7)
1-2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
1/2 tsp of salt
dash of pepper
1/2 tsp of za'atar (amazing spice thats very versatile, which is made of sesame seeds, thyme, sumac, marjoram and salt)
cilantro
half of a lemon, juiced

Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees. Drizzle 1 tbsp of EVOO into a tray, add your carrots and just roll them, to make sure they are coated in EVOO. Sprinkle the carrots with salt, pepper, and za'atar. I drizzled just a little of EVOO on top of veggies as well and put the try in the oven. In about 20 minutes the carrots were tender and scrumptious. Now, the cooking time really depends on your size of carrots, so just check them after 10 minutes or so to see how much longer they would need to cook. When done, sprinkle with cilantro and drizzle with lemon juice.

As I mentioned, this is a great side dish, which sometimes I eat as a main meal, so give it a try.
Enjoy!

Cheers,
Sasha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share It

 
SASHA'S DELIGHTS © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat