Friday, July 3, 2015

Watermelon Feta Salad



This salad is a perfect dish during the summer months. Watermelon can usually be found 90% of the time in my household in the summer, so I had to share the recipe with you :) While most of the time I just eat it by itself, sometimes I want something else with it - something like feta...

Ingredients:
Watermelon, cubed
Sweet onion, very thinly sliced (I usually use mandoline for this)
Feta, cubed (I use authentic Greek one, which is a combination of sheep and goat)
Lime juice
Extra virgin of olive oil, drizzled
mint, chopped (I bought apple mint from farmer's market, which I absolutely loved in this dish)

I think the proportion of the ingredients can vary, depending on your liking. But for one person, I use half of the quarterly watermelon slice, not much onion, ~ 1/4 of cup of feta, 1 tbsp of mint, lime juice from half a lime and a drizzle of EVOO.

It is a great combination of ingredients. Let me know if you tried something like this before and if you liked it. If you did, do you use similar ingredients or do you add something else? Let me know!

Cheers,
Sash

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share It

 
SASHA'S DELIGHTS © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat