Monday, June 3, 2013

Gluten Free Quinoa Salad - My Spin on the Tabbouleh



Hi All,

I have decided to try and use at least one ingredient that's been sitting in my kitchen for a while and today I grabbed quinoa. I have been craving tabbouleh and I wanted to use the same ingredients and change the bulgur for gluten free quinoa. The salad was easy to make and turned out so delicious, that I ate a whole bowl by myself! :)

First, start cooking quinoa. The ratio is always 1 : 2. I always make extra quinoa, so I used 1 cup of quinoa and 2 cups of water. I always flavor the water and this time, I used 1/2 tsp of salt, 1/2 tsp of lemon pepper, and a pinch of Meyer lemon seasoning. Let the water come to a boil, lower the heat to low, cover the pot, and let it simmer until quinoa absorbs all the water.
In the meantime, start working on the rest of the salad.

Ingredients:


3 mini cucumbers, chopped

3 medium size tomatoes, chopped

2 garlic cloves, diced

Bunch of mint, chopped

Bunch of cilantro, chopped

1 lime (Zest it and then juice it)
Drizzle extra virgin olive oil

¼  – ½ cup of cooked quinoa (add a quarter cup of quinoa and see if you want to add more)

Mix well and enjoy!! The salad was ready in 15 mins. A healthy and delicious dinner.
I hope you enjoy!!

Sash

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share It

 
SASHA'S DELIGHTS © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat