Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Gluten Free Ginger Steamed Broccoli

Hi Y'all :)

Hope this note finds you well. Before I share this recipe, I just want to tell you that I hate broccoli. Seriously. Almost never eat it. I am very picky about it, so when I tried this recipe (don't even know why, in the first place), it really blew my mind. The recipe is simple and absolutely delicious. Credit goes to Vegetarian Times magazine. I found it in my old magazine, so really wanted to share it with you...

No steamer required. I just added all the ingredients in a small skillet, covered it, and steamed it. It is as simple as that!

Ingredients:
a head of broccoli, cut into mediu size florets (or as much as you have. I don't mind having more sauce, it is delish!)
2 tbsp of mirin (rice wine for cooking)
1 tbsp of tamari
1 tbsp of fresh ginger (peel about an inch of ginger, thinly slice and then julienne it)
2 tsp of toasted sesame oil
1 pinch of salt
1 tsp of sesame seeds

Add all the ingredients, cover, and simmer over medium heat. Steam it for about 4 minutes, sprinkle with sesame seeds, and enjoy.


XOXO,

Sasha

P.S. Not the best pic, but who cares when it is so delicious :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share It

 
SASHA'S DELIGHTS © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat